Random and infrequent updates from the good Korea.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Banking

So I have it easy. Rent is free. Utilities are bundled in one nice bill. Water, electricity, building maintenance....all in one. So I pay roughly a hundred and fifty bucks a month to live in my apartment. My officetel. But, hey it is worth it. I have a nice place here in Bundang. Big, clean, modern and most of all private.
Each month the utilities are due by the fifteenth. I have to take the bill to a bank and pay it there. They list a couple they like where there is no additional fee. My bank, KEB, is not one. They list a KB bank. There's one real close, but there's also another closer to work. I go there. Not because it's more convienent or anything. No, not really any different than the closer location. It's just that there, well, there's a girl. Speaks English. Nice smile. So, I go to the bank with the cute girl. Sue me. I gotta get something out of life. Maybe one month I'll try to really have a conversation with her. Maybe. But I am too much of a pussy for my own good. So, we'll see.
Or we won't.

No comments: